The Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement (DAESA) leads institutional efforts to academically engage students from all majors and provide a high-impact education as they proceed throughout their undergraduate degree program to commencement.
Formerly the Office of Undergraduate Education, DAESA and its many programs consistently strive to offer premier educational and transformative academic experiences through which students can excel personally and professionally. DAESA helps to foster core competencies and broad learning outcomes. Graduates are well prepared for lives of purpose, leadership, and global citizenship.
DAESA also supports all faculty members as they pursue professional development opportunities related to undergraduate education.
- Academic Engagement, Office of (OAE):
- College Access Programs: College Success Foundation (CFS) Achievers, Cougs Rise East, Cougs Rise West, Cougs Rise STEM, The Coug Cast, Dare to Dream
- College Success Programs: Teacher Prep Student Support Services, STEM Student Support Services, Veterans Student Support Services, National Student Exchange, Passport Program
- College Affordability Programs: Cougar Money Matters, iGrad, Invest in Cougs, Crimson Community Grants, Washington State Opportunity Scholarship
- Academic Success and Career Center (ASCC): Academic Advising, Academic Success Coaching, Academic Deficiency & Reinstatement, Career Expo, Career Services, Handshake (student employment portal), Internships, Student Employment, Tutoring, Workshops
- Assessment for Curricular Effectiveness, Office of (ACE), formerly Assessment of Teaching and Learning
- Distinguished Scholarships Program
- First-Year Programs: Common Reading, First-Year Focus living-learning community, Freshman Seminar/UNIV 104 course
- LSAMP/Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- Transfer Center for Policy and Resources
- UCORE/University Common Requirements (general education)
- Undergraduate Research, Office of: SURCA/Showcase for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities, Summer Undergraduate Research Programming, UNIV 199/research skills course, WSU Research Scholars
- UNIV Courses (University-wide courses overseen by DAESA)
- Writing Program: Undergraduate Writing Center, Graduate Writing Center, Writing Assessment, Junior Portfolio, M-courses/Writing in the Major, Professional Editing Service Center, Writing Across the Curriculum and Writing in the Disciplines Program, WRIT courses