Chemical engineering senior and climate scientist Kristian Gubsch receives WSU’s first Marshall distinguished scholarship.
Welcome to DAESA, the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement
Promoting student achievement and supporting great teaching at Washington State University. We invite our students to make change, innovate, and lead for the public good through comprehensive learning and experiences. We champion the great teaching that is involved in that process. Read more about DAESA.
Vice Provost’s Communications
- Faculty Spring 2021 Instruction Guide (PDF) [Updated on Jan. 11, 2021]
- Applications being accepted for Smith Grants (deadline: March 15)
- Apply for a Law Award (deadline: April 1)
WSU Launches First Institutional Survey to Gauge Graduates’ Post-college Plans
With a goal to better understand graduates’ immediate plans, Washington State University has emailed a questionnaire to 5,748 seniors asking about what they will do following graduation. “It’s important to understand that this is the first time we have conducted a university-wide survey to gather this type of statistical data,” said Mary F. Wack, vice provost for academic engagement and student achievement. “The new ‘Undergraduate Placement Survey’ will give the university its first comprehensive picture across the institution.”
<img loading="lazy" src="https://s3.wp.wsu.edu/uploads/sites/57/2021/04/thumbnail_art_wsu-degree_198w198h.jpg" alt="A WSU graduate holds up his diploma in celebration during a commencement ceremony." width="396" height="452" class="alignright dy--block size-medium unscaled wp-image-1847" style="max-width: 192px !important" ... » More …Read Story
WSU Accepts Smith Teaching and Learning Grant Applications through March 15
Washington State University faculty with innovative ideas to enhance teaching and learning are encouraged to apply by March 15, 2021 for a Smith Teaching and Learning Grant of up to $5,000, announced Mary F. Wack, vice provost for academic engagement and student achievement. There are two focus areas of this year’s awards: increasing course completion and student progress by reducing high C-DFW rates and redesigning large lecture courses for active student engagement in a flipped or hybrid course design.Read Story
- Three Student Teams Land Fall 2020 Prizes at WSU’s Third Adobe Creative Jam #FirstYearPrograms
- WSU First‑generation Students Celebrated at Nov. 2–9 Events #OfficeOfAcademicEngagement
- WSU UCORE Course Renewals Suspended One Year until Fall 2021 #UCORE
- WSU Lands 3 DOE Grants Worth $4M for Services for Veterans, STEM Students, and Future Teachers #OfficeOfAcademicEngagement
- Fellowships awarded to 32 undergraduate researchers #OfficeOfUndergraduateResearch
- New WSU DAESA Division Led by Mary F. Wack
Advancing a Transformational Educational Experience
DAESA leads institutional efforts to engage students academically and to provide a high-impact education for all students that culminates in an undergraduate degree and that prepares them for lives of purpose, leadership, and global citizenship. We accomplish this task through the combined academic-support efforts of the more than 30 units, programs, and sub-programs that make up our division in the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President.