Welcome to DAESA, the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement
Promoting student achievement and supporting great teaching at Washington State University. We invite our students to make change, innovate, and lead for the public good through comprehensive learning and experiences. We champion the great teaching that is involved in that process. Read more about DAESA.
Vice Provost’s Communications
- Faculty Spring 2021 Instruction Guide (PDF) [Updated on Jan. 11, 2021]
- Applications being accepted for Smith Grants (deadline: March 15)
- Apply for a Law Award (deadline: April 1)
WSU Names Terese King, Michael Highfill to New Provostial Administrative Posts
The Washington State University Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President has filled two new interim vice provost positions with experienced program directors and alumni Terese King and Michael Highfill. “These appointments support the evolving role and responsibilities of DAESA at the university,” said William B. Davis, DAESA interim vice provost for academic engagement and student achievement. “We appreciate the vision and leadership they will bring to their new roles and look forward to the many valuable contributions they will make.”
PULLMAN, Wash.—The Washington State University Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President has filled two new interim vice provost positions with … » More …Read Story
William Davis Named Interim Vice Provost for DAESA
William (Bill) Davis has been appointed interim vice provost for academic engagement and student achievement and will begin a one-year term on July 1. Davis will succeed Mary Wack, who has served as vice provost since 2007. She is retiring, but will stay on through August as Davis transitions into his new role. “We are fortunate to have such a strong leader like Bill Davis to serve in this role, one that is critical to our educational mission at WSU,” provost Elizabeth Chilton said.
William (Bill) Davis has been appointed interim vice provost for academic engagement and student achievement and will begin a one-year … » More …Read Story
- WSU OAE, HBM programs host cooking class about college #AcademicEngagement
- WSU Launches First Institutional Survey to Gauge Graduates’ Post-college Plans #ASCC
- WSU’s Next Common Reading Is ‘Tales of Two Americas,’ edited by John Freeman #FirstYearPrograms
- WSU Undergraduates Land 33 Research Awards at SURCA 2021 Presentation Event #UndergraduateResearch
- WSU student Etiquette Dinner offers career tips, take-home dining #ASCC
- WSU Students Land 3 Goldwater Awards to Support STEM Research
Advancing a Transformational Educational Experience
DAESA leads institutional efforts to engage students academically and to provide a high-impact education for all students that culminates in an undergraduate degree and that prepares them for lives of purpose, leadership, and global citizenship. We accomplish this task through the combined academic-support efforts of the more than 30 units, programs, and sub-programs that make up our division in the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President.