Welcome to DAESA, the Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement
Preparing WSU undergraduate students academically, from pre-matriculation to beyond graduation, for lifelong achievement and success. We invite our students to make change, innovate, and lead for the public good through comprehensive learning and experiences. We champion the great teaching that is involved in that process. Read more about DAESA.
Vice Provost’s Communications
- Feb. 15, 2022: Applications being accepted for TCI IDEA Grants (Deadline: April 4, 2022)
- Feb. 10, 2022: Applications being accepted for Law Awards (Deadline: March 10, 2022)
- Jan. 28, 2022: Applications being accepted for Smith Grants (Deadline: March 14, 2022)
Smith Teaching & Learning Grants Awards for 2022
Five Washington State University faculty proposals for Smith Teaching and Learning Grant awards have been approved for funding, said William B. Davis, interim vice provost for academic engagement and student achievement. “The five projects funded by Smith grants will literally impact the student success and academic progress of hundreds of WSU students, and we are impressed by the innovative ideas advanced by all of the applicants. We will look forward to seeing the progress on, and the results from, these projects, with final reports due in August 2023.”Read Story
WSU DAESA celebrates faculty, staff, student achievements for 2021-22
The Washington State University Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement (DAESA) hosted a spring event where numerous, diverse awards were presented to faculty, staff, and students for their outstanding accomplishments throughout the 2021-22 academic year. “The efforts made by dedicated, engaged team members and individuals impact the student success of every student at our university, and it’s an honor for DAESA to recognize many of those who made exceptional contributions,” said William B. Davis, interim vice provost.
PULLMAN, Wash.—The Washington State University Division of Academic Engagement and Student Achievement (DAESA) hosted a spring event where numerous, diverse awards were presented to faculty, … » More …Read Story
- WSU Selects Braiding Sweetgrass as Next Common Reading for Students #FirstYearPrograms
- New WSU TCI Grants Boost Faculty IDEA Engagement #DAESA
- SURCA Presents Undergraduate Research Awards #UndergraduateResearch
- WSU hosts ‘Thriving Authentically’ panel on BIPOC career success #ASCC
- WSU Career Expo Virtual and In-person Events Feb. 7 and 8 Match Students and Employers #ASCC
- WSU Names Jeremy Lessmann to Lead Office of Undergraduate Research #UndergraduateResearch
Advancing a Transformational Educational Experience
DAESA leads institutional efforts to engage students academically and to provide a high-impact education for all students that culminates in an undergraduate degree and that prepares them for lives of purpose, leadership, and global citizenship. We accomplish this task through the combined academic-support efforts of the more than 30 units, programs, and sub-programs that make up our division in the Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President.